The 2nd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt is an exciting event for dogs and their people to engage in fun activities, including canine fitness, relaxing sensory activities, furry family photographs, flower paw prints, ask the veterinarian, and a nose work sniffari as dogs search the woods for eggs filled with delicious homemade biscuits.
This website will provide you with all of the important details about the days’ events so you can be prepared to have a blast with your dog and other dog owners!
If you have questions, or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (603) 815-2453.
To ensure the safety of all participants and the planet, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Bring an Easter basket or reusable bag for collecting eggs. Dogs may choose 24 eggs each. Eggs can be ) -returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
- The Easter eggs are made of plastic. Please watch your dog carefully. When their nose touches an egg that is when you should pick up and put in your basket/bag. Please do not l.et your dog put an egg in its mouth since it could break and your dog might ingest some plastic pieces.
- Dogs must be kept on leash while at Little River Park. No retractable leashes.
- All dogs must have their rabies vaccination.
- Attendees of this event agree to abide by the Golden Dog Adventure Co. Guidelines and rules of Little River Park per the Town of Lee Selectboard.
- Please pick up any pet waste and dispose in trash receptacle provided at pavilion. If you need a poop bag, just ask a member of our team.
- No more than 2 dogs/person.
- All participants must complete and authorize the General Liability Waiver, Covid-19 Waiver of Liability, and Video/Photograph Release Form prior to attending the event. If you have already completed – thank you!
- Per the Town of Lee, participants must be 13+ years of age.
- Per the Town of Lee, dogs are not allowed on the soccer or baseball fields.
- Please recycle plastic eggs and claim any prize winnings under the pavilion where you checked in.
Phew…OK, now that all that necessary stuff is out of the way, have a great time!
10:00 am: Check in at our registration table under the pavilion at Little River Park, 34 North River R., Lee, NH. Pick up your goody bag. V.I.D. ticket holders will also pick up their lanyard and special Easter basket filled with goodies.
ALL DAY: Purchase raffle tickets for some great prizes. Cash only please. Tickets are $2 each or 10 for $10. Must be present to win.
10:00 am – 1:00 pm: Activities taking place throughout the event
- Meet our Charitable Partner, Mary’s Dogs and learn all about the amazing work they do to rescue dogs from the south and find them loving homes in NH.
- Meet our canine fitness expert April from Canine Strong who will lead a fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt. Visit her booth to learn all about the benefits of canine fitness as well as their rehab services. Get a complimentary mini massage or cold laser therapy session for your dog.
- Visit Sandra of Sandra McCarthy Photography to get a complimentary picture taken with your best friend(s), and visit her booth to see her stunning photographs.
- Is your dog a bit over stimulated with the event? Visit with Monica from Barrington Barks & Behavior for a mini Sensory Explorers session to engage the senses, and facilitate relaxation. Food allergies? Notify us at email@example.com so we can make accommodations for your dog.
- Visit with Dr. Lisa Boyer at our Ask the Veterinarian booth. For a small donation, you can ask the Dr. any canine related health question you would like.
- Meet Lauren from New England Lifecasting and make a spring flower paw print take home with your dog.
- Walk the additional trails located at Little River Park and connect with nature.
10:45 am: Participate in a 10-minute canine fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt with April from Canine Strong. This will take place behind the pavilion.
11:00 am: V.I.D. Experience ticket holders line up for the start of the Easter egg hunt. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs include a prize slip.
11:15 am – 11:30 am: General admission ticket holders in Group A line up and begin entering the woods. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs include a prize slip.
11:30 am – 11:45 am: General admission ticket holders in Group B line up and begin entering the woods. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs include a prize slip.
11:45 am – 12:00 pm: General admission ticket holders in Group C line up and begin entering the woods. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs include a prize slip.
12:00 pm: Return eggs to our blue bucket under the pavilion, claim prizes at check-in table. Visit vendor tables and get your picture taken if you were not able to before the egg hunt.
12:30 pm: V.I.D. raffle winners announced
12:35 pm: All raffle winners announced (must be present to win)
1:00 pm: Good bye to all our human and furfriends and thank you for your support. See you April 8, 2023!
New this year, we have raffles for lots of fun and useful items donated by partners and sponsors. Raffle tickets are $2 each or 10 for $10. Cash only please. You must be present to win. Raffle winners will be announced at 12:30pm. 100% of raffle sales will be donated to Mary’s Dogs.
- $50 gift card to Canine Strong in Concord, NH
- Sensory Basket from Barrington Barks and Behavior in Barrington, NH, $75 value
- Veterinarian Consultation with Dr. Lisa Boyer of Animal Health Consultants, $75 value
- Swag Bundle from Mary’s Dogs
- Gift Card Bundle from the Mall at Fox Run, value $100
- Barrington Local gift card basket from Golden Dog Adventure Co., $75 value
- Virtual dog training consultation (90-minutes) with Miss Behavior, $175 value
- Puppy Basket (girl) from Friendly Pets and Golden Dog Adventure Co., $50 value
- Puppy Basket (boy) from Friendly Pets and Golden Dog Adventure Co., $50 value
- Adventure Pack from Sandra McCarthy Photography, $60 value
- Rescue Bundle from Mountain Dogware, $169 value
- Fun Bundle I from Friendly Pets and Golden Dog Adventure Co., $66 value
- Fun Bundle II from Sunwater Pet Resort and Golden Dog Adventure Co., $80 value
- $50 gift certificate to Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford, NH
- Custom Pawcasting from New England Lifecasting in Peabody, MA $75, value
Frequently Asked Questions
Our colorful eggs contain all-natural, limited ingredient, gluten and grain free treats provided by Good Paws Bakery.
Good Paws dog treats are made with just 3, all natural ingredients. Following are the treats that will be in the eggs:
- Peanut Butter treats include chickpea flour, all natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt) and olive oil.
- Parmesan Cheese treats include chickpea flour, Parmesan Cheese and olive oil.
Good Paws treats are made and packed in a location handling wheat, peanuts and tree nuts.
There is no mask requirement in place for this event. Participants are encouraged to practice social distancing whenever possible.
Our staff is certified in pet and human 1st aid and CPR. Our Safety Manager Karen, who has over 25 years experience as an EMT and is a certified PetTech pet 1st aid/CPR instructor, will also be on site with equipment in case any humans or dogs get hurt.
If you need help, please notify a member of our team (they will be wearing company apparel and/or a bright orange safety vest), or come directly to the pavilion for assistance.
Please bring an Easter basket or reusable bag for collecting eggs. Please try to avoid bringing a plastic bag.
The eggs will be relatively easy to find by sight. The goal is to let your dog find them with their nose. Each egg has a several holes in it to allow your dog a true sensory enrichment experience.
Eggs can be returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
After you find your 24 eggs, please open to collect the dog treats and see if you found any prize slips.
Eggs can be returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
If you have a prize slip, please return to the check-in table to claim.
Gina Anderson, owner of Good Paws Bakery, will be at the event. Stop by her table to say hello and learn about her delicious homemade, all-natural dog treats.
When you check-in under the pavilion, you will receive a V.I.D. lanyard, your goody bag, and a special Easter basket with goodies for your dog.
You will be called to line up and enter the woods at 11:05am for the first chance to find eggs.
The raffle will happen at 12:30 pm under the pavilion. You do not need to be present to win. But you might as well hang out so you can take the prize home with you if you win! Otherwise, you will need to pick up in Barrington, NH.
Brightly colored Easter eggs are “hidden” throughout the Forest Loop Trail at Little River Park. A member of our team will guide you and your dog to the trail when it is time to start the egg hunt.
Each dog is able to find and retrieve 24 eggs.
The Easter eggs are made of plastic. Please watch your dog carefully. When their nose touches an egg that is when you should pick up and put in your basket/bag.
Please do not let your dog put an egg in their mouth since it could break and your dog might ingest some plastic pieces.
At 10:45 am, canine fitness expert April Begosh from Canine Strong, will lead a 10-minute canine fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt. This will take place behind the pavilion.
During this event, April will be incorporating the 5 Components of Optimal Canine Health in her session.
- Strength – Dogs will do a sit to stand exercise (3-5 times depending on your dog’s fitness level, age, mobility.)
- Flexibility – Dogs will follow a treat in their owner’s hand from their nose to their shoulder, nose to ribs, nose to hips (3x each side).
- Balance – Dogs will give paw from a standing position (3x each side).
- Mental – Dogs will attempt to find which of their owner’s hands contains a treat.
- Cardio – Dogs and owners will walk to the Easter egg hunt line up area and get ready for a fun cardio, sniffari activity!
Monica Allaire-McMahon, KPA-CTP, owner of Barrington Barks and Behavior will be offering a sensory/relaxation experience from 10:00 – 11:00 am for dogs and their people. This activity, held in 5-10 minute sessions, is appropriate for one dog at a time and includes a variety of textured surfaces, raised stations, scents, and food items for the dog to explore.
Gathering and processing sensory information at the dog’s pace, as well as chewing and licking have been shown to promote calm and lower stress. Each and every dog can benefit from reducing stress and arousal.
Sandra from Sandra McCarthy Photography will be at the event taking pictures of dogs in their colorful bandannas found in your goody bag. This photo session is included in your ticket price.
Sandra will be set up under the pavilion and is available for photos from 10:00am – 1:00pm
Participants will be contacted after the event with info on how to access their digital image.
The 2nd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt is a fundraiser for our Charitable Partner’s Program
Annually, we create awareness of and raise funds for a NH-based pet charity. For 2022, we are supporting Mary’s Dogs Rescue & Adoption in Northwood.
Golden Dog Adventure Co., formerly the NH Dog Walking Club, was established in 2018. We bring dogs and their people together for exercise, education, and socialization in a positive, welcoming, and fun environment.
Our vision is to build a community of dog owners who are dedicated to the health and wellness of their pets using positive reinforcement techniques and sustainable pet care practices.
We support a community on Facebook for dog lovers and offer a paid membership jampacked with benefits.
Thank You to Our Partners & Sponsors
Save the Date for 2023!
We hope you and your furry family had an amazing experience at this year’s Doggy Easter Egg Hunt. Thank you for your support of Mary’s Dogs, our charitable partner for 2022. For information on more fun events for dogs and their people, please visit our Events & Activities calendar.
Please watch your email over the next few days for a survey. We welcome your feedback so we can make this event even better next year.
Mark your calendars for the 3rd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt happening Saturday, April 8th from 10:00am-1:00pm.