The 3rd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt is an exciting event for dogs and their people to engage in fun activities, including canine fitness, relaxing sensory activities, furry family photographs, arts & crafts, ask the veterinarian, and a nose work sniffari as dogs search the woods for eggs filled with delicious treats.
This website will provide you with all of the important details about the days’ events so you can be prepared to have a blast with your dog and other dog owners!
If you have questions, or need additional information, please email email@example.com or call/text (603) 815-2453.
To ensure the safety of all participants and the planet, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Bring an Easter basket or reusable bag for collecting eggs. Eggs can be returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
- The Easter eggs are made of plastic. Please watch your dog carefully. When their nose touches an egg that is when you should pick up and put in your basket/bag. Please do not let your dog put an egg in its mouth since it could break and your dog might ingest some plastic pieces.
- Dogs must be kept on a 6-8 ft. leash while at Little River Park. Absolutely NO retractable leashes.
- All dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination.
- Dogs must not be exhibiting signs of a respiratory virus such as coughing, sneezing, or runny nose/eyes.
- Attendees of this event agree to abide by the Golden Dog Adventure Co. Guidelines and rules of Little River Park (scroll past form) per the Town of Lee Selectboard.
- Please pick up any pet waste and dispose in trash receptacle provided at pavilion.
- No more than 2 dogs/person.
- All participants must complete and authorize the General Liability Waiver, Covid-19 Waiver of Liability, and Video/Photograph Release Form prior to attending the event. If you have already completed – thank you!
- There are activities at this event where dogs may be in close contact or sharing items in sensory exploration spaces. If you are worried about the canine respiratory illness, we recommend not attending or avoiding these activities.
- Per the Town of Lee Selectboard, participants must be 13+ years of age.
- Per the Town of Lee Selectboard, dogs are not allowed on the soccer or baseball fields.
Phew…OK, now that all that necessary stuff is out of the way, have a great time!
1:30pm: Check in at our registration table under the pavilion at Little River Park, 34 North River R., Lee, NH. Pick up your goody bag. V.I.D. ticket holders will also pick up their lanyard and special Easter basket filled with goodies.
ALL DAY: Purchase raffle tickets for some great prizes. Cash only please. Tickets are $3 each or 13 for $20. Must be present to win.
1:30 – 4:30pm: Activities and experiences take place at Partner and Sponsor booths throughout the day.
- Meet Mary’s Dogs Rescue & Adoption and learn all about the amazing work they do to rescue dogs from the south and find them loving homes in NH.
- Meet Brendan from the NH Coalition for the Support of Service Dogs and learn about the awareness they create and services they offer service dog owners.
- Meet our canine fitness expert April from Canine Strong who will lead a fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt. Visit their booth to learn all about the benefits of canine fitness as well as their rehab services. Get a complimentary mini massage or cold laser therapy session for your dog.
- Visit Sandra of Sandra McCarthy Photography for a complimentary, Easter-themed, digital picture taken with your furry best friend(s), and visit her booth to see her stunning pet photographs. Additional images of your furry BFF will also be available for purchase with proceeds benefiting the Charitable Partner’s Program.
- Is your dog a bit over stimulated with the event? Visit with Monica from Barrington Barks & Behavior for a mini Sensory Explorers session to engage the senses, and facilitate relaxation. Learn about her professional dog training services and sensory programs.
- Visit with Dr. Lisa Boyer of Animal Health Consultants at our Ask the Veterinarian booth. For a small donation, you can ask the Dr. any canine related health question you would like.
- Meet Melanie from Happiness 4 Dogs, LLC and learn about the health and wellness services they offer for canines. Experience a mini Reiki session and salt session.
- Stop by and say hello to Laura of Miss Behavior to learn about her professional in-person and online dog training services. Grab your dog a delicious Pup Cup and let them engage in sensory pools filled with smells and tactile experiences.
- Meet NOMV (Not One More Vet) and learn about the critical work they do to support veterinary professionals through outreach and education. Your dog will also enjoy bobbing for hotdogs at this booth.
- Check out our team at the Golden Dog Adventure Co. booth to learn about the fun and unique experiences we create year-round for dogs and their people. Participate in doggy arts and crafts and create a memento to take home.
- Visit with Red Pointy Dog Training, learn about the professional dog training services they offer. Your dog will also enjoy participating in a supervised, cardboard Easter Bunny destruction game to get to a yummy treat inside.
- Walk the two trails located at Little River Park with your dog for some additional exercise and mental stimulation.
- **Please do not let your dogs wander the soccer or baseball fields per the Town of Lee Selectboard**
1:45 pm: Participate in a 10-minute canine fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt with April from Canine Strong. This will take place behind the pavilion.
2:00 pm: Participants who purchased the V.I.D. Experience line up to enter the woods. Only 30 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs may include a prize slip.
2:30pm: General admission ticket holders in Group A line up and begin entering the woods. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs may include a prize slip.
2:50pm: General admission ticket holders in Group B line up and begin entering the woods. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs may include a prize slip.
3:10pm: General admission ticket holders in Group C line up and begin entering the woods. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs may include a prize slip.
3:30 pm: Return eggs to our blue bucket under the pavilion, claim prizes at check-in table. Visit vendor tables and get your picture taken if you were not able to before the egg hunt.
4:00 pm: Raffle winners announced, including V.I.D. special raffle prize drawing. Must be present to win.
4:30 pm: Good bye to all our furfriends and thank you for your support. See you in 2024!
Thank you to our partners and sponsors for generously donating the following raffle items. Raffle details and items subject to change. Raffle tickets are $3 each or 13 for $20. Cash only please. You must be present to win. Raffle winners will be announced at 4:00pm.
- Nesting bed with enrichment toys from Stonewall Surveying (value $100) – V.I.D. only raffle
- Food Storage gift container filled with goodies from Pet Supplies Plus – Somersworth (value $145)
- $100 gift certificate to Pet Wants courtesy of the Mall at Fox Run
- Pet gift basket from Friendly Pets (value $115)
- Pet gift basket from K9 Kaos (value $100)
- $100 gift certificate to Sunwater Pet Resort
- Gift basket from Kimberly Sarah Photography
- 2024 Wine tasting dinner for 10-12 people at Flag Hill Winery (value of $500-$600)
- Two gift cards from Wentworth Greenhouses (value $40)
- $25 gift card to Cow Palace Creamery
- Overnight stay at RiverCrest Villas (value $275)
- $25 gift card, shirt and glass from Loaded Question Brewing Co. (value $50)
- Four baseline tickets to a NH Fisher Cats game
- $50 gift card to Fody’s Tavern
- Dog gift basket #1 from Tabitha Swanson & Erica Marino (value $75)
- Dog gift basket #2 from Tabitha Swanson & Erica Marino (value $75)
- Three 8 oz. Good Paws Bakery treat bags (value $49.20)
- $50 gift certificate to Happiness 4 Dogs LLC for remote Reiki, Animal Energy or a Serenity Ceremony
- Easter themed gift basket with $100 gift certificate off a photo session with Sandra McCarthy Photography (value $125)
- Ticket to “Don’t Sweat The Vet” Workshop on 4/29/23 in Stratham NH with Laura Gendron of Miss Behavior and Dr. Shannon Emmons (value $150)
- 1-hour, remote consultation with Animal Health Consultants
- 1 hour consultation with Red Pointy Dog Training
- Six 50-minute health coaching sessions with Dr. Donna Jensen (value $750)
- 1-hour Play Strong session for up to 5 dogs at Canine Strong (value $85)
- Choose a sensory session or loose leash walking training session with Barrington Barks & Behavior (value $75-$100)
- 603 Pawprint Hat
- Gift basket from Sweetened Memories Bakery
- Gift basket from Gunther’s Goodies
- Tuxedo Bandana from Basil’s Boutique (value $30)
- Wine gift basket from Tabitha Swanson & Erica Marino (value $100)
Frequently Asked Questions
Our colorful eggs contain Old Mother Hubbard treats donated by Wellness Pet Company.
These yummy biscuits are made with premium, natural ingredients using the same crunchy, delicious recipe as Old Mother Hubbard’s P-Nuttier Dog Treats. They’re made with real peanut butter and cane molasses, and then slowly oven baked to preserve the natural flavors and add extra crunch. Real apples and carrots add even more tasty flavor as well as a natural source of fiber.
There is no mask requirement in place for this event. Participants are encouraged to practice social distancing whenever possible.
Our head trainer, Marie, will be available for assistance and questions. She will also be connecting with and reaching out to owners whose dogs exhibit uncomfortable body language to help everyone relax and deescalate a situation if needed.
Our staff is certified in pet and human 1st aid and CPR. Our Safety Manager Karen, who has over 25 years experience as an EMT and is a certified PetTech pet 1st aid/CPR instructor, will also be on site with equipment in case any humans or dogs get hurt.
If you need help, please notify a member of our team (they will be wearing company apparel and/or a bright orange safety vest), or come directly to the pavilion for assistance.
Please bring an Easter basket or reusable bag for collecting eggs. Please try to avoid bringing a plastic bag.
The eggs will be relatively easy to find by sight. The goal is to let your dog find them with their nose. Each egg has several holes in it to allow your dog a true sensory enrichment experience.
Eggs can be returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
After you find your 24 eggs (30 eggs for V.I.D. Experience ticket holders), please open to collect the dog treats and see if you found any prize slips.
Eggs can be returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
If you have a prize slip, please return to the check-in table to claim.
Additional information, including ingredients and nutritional information for the treats being used in this year’s eggs, can be found HERE>>
When you check-in under the pavilion, you will receive a V.I.D. lanyard, your goody bag, and a special Easter basket with goodies for your dog.
You will be called to line up and enter the woods at 2:00pm for the first chance to find eggs.
The raffle will happen at 4:00 pm under the pavilion. You must be present to win.
Brightly colored Easter eggs are “hidden” throughout the Forest Loop Trail at Little River Park. A member of our team will guide you and your dog to the trail when it is time to start the egg hunt.
Each dog is able to find and retrieve 24 eggs.
The Easter eggs are made of plastic. Please watch your dog carefully. When their nose touches an egg that is when you should pick up and put in your basket/bag.
Please do not let your dog put an egg in their mouth since it could break and your dog might ingest some plastic pieces.
At 1:45 pm, canine fitness expert April Begosh from Canine Strong, will lead a 10-minute canine fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt. This will take place behind the pavilion.
During this event, April will be incorporating the 5 Components of Optimal Canine Health in her session.
- Strength – Dogs will do a sit to stand exercise (3-5 times depending on your dog’s fitness level, age, mobility.)
- Flexibility – Dogs will follow a treat in their owner’s hand from their nose to their shoulder, nose to ribs, nose to hips (3x each side).
- Balance – Dogs will give paw from a standing position (3x each side).
- Mental – Dogs will attempt to find which of their owner’s hands contains a treat.
- Cardio – Dogs and owners will walk to the Easter egg hunt line up area and get ready for a fun cardio, sniffari activity!
Monica Allaire-McMahon, KPA-CTP, owner of Barrington Barks and Behavior will be offering a sensory/relaxation experience for dogs and their people. This activity, held in 5-10 minute sessions, is appropriate for one dog at a time and includes a variety of textured surfaces, raised stations, scents, and food items for the dog to explore.
Gathering and processing sensory information at the dog’s pace, as well as chewing and licking have been shown to promote calm and lower stress. Each and every dog can benefit from reducing stress and arousal.
If your dog has any allergies, please alert Monica prior to your session.
Sandra from Sandra McCarthy Photography will be at the event taking pictures of dogs in their colorful bandannas found in your Wag Bag. This photo session is included in your ticket price.
Sandra will be set up under the pavilion and is available for photos throughout the event.
Participants will be contacted after the event with info on how to access their digital image.
The 3rd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt is a fundraiser for our Charitable Partner’s Program
Annually, we support several local charities by helping to raise funds and create awareness of their causes. Since our program was established in 2019, with the assistance of our members and partners, we have raised over $21K (not including donated goods/services) to support local pet charities.
Golden Dog Adventure Co., formerly the NH Dog Walking Club, was established in 2018. We bring dogs and their people together for exercise, education, and socialization in a positive, welcoming, and fun environment.
Our vision is to build a community of dog owners who are dedicated to the health and wellness of their pets using positive reinforcement techniques and sustainable pet care practices.
Thank You to Our Partners & Sponsors
Save the Date for 2024!
We hope you and your furry family had an amazing experience at this year’s Doggy Easter Egg Hunt. Thank you for your support of our Charitable Partner’s Program. For information on more fun activities and experiences for dogs and their people, please visit our Adventures calendar.
Please watch your email over the next few days for a survey. We welcome your feedback so we can make this event even better next year.
Mark your calendars for the 4th Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt happening around Easter in 2024!