Are you looking for fun and unique things to do with your dog in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts?
Stay up to date on our adventures for dogs and their people every week in your email inbox.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
84 Silk Farm Road, Concord, NH
57 Bald Hill Road, Newfields, NH
755 First NH Turnpike, Northwood, NH
50 Fox Run Road, Newington, NH
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT ADVENTURES
Fun and unique experiences for dogs and their people
We bring dogs and their people together for exercise, education, and socialization in a positive, welcoming, and fun environment.
We host around 75-125 in-person and online events every year. Monthly, you can participate in special events, official adventures, pop up adventures, nature walks, socials, holiday activities, dog training events, and much more. Our events are only limited by our imaginations…and we have some pretty big ideas!
Trail Rating System
This trail rating system was created to advise participants of the ease or difficulty level of our events as well as the pace at which we will hike/walk. This rating system is created for our average participant. If you are an avid hiker, you may find our rating system slightly off for your ability.
If you have a question about an event and if it is right for you and your dog, please Contact Us for more information.
Before joining an adventure
Prior to joining an event with Golden Dog Adventure Co., please review the following safety and registration information to ensure an enjoyable time for all dogs and their people.
Participation in our adventures assumes you agree to abide by our community guidelines which have been established for everyone’s safety and well-being (humans and canines).
Liability Waivers/Release Forms
All participants MUST complete our General Liability Waiver, Covid-19 Waiver of Liability, and Video/Photograph Release Form prior to attending an adventure. These can be easily accessed and electronically signed on our website. If not completed prior to an adventure, you will be asked to complete at the adventure. Once completed, it will remain on file for one year.
We follow the guidelines suggested by the CDC and State of NH. At this time, no one is required to wear a mask. We do encourage social distancing at all times however.
The cost for events for members and non-members is posted with each description under Adventures. The cost for Pop Up and Pack Adventures is $20, Official Adventures are $30, and Special Events run $15 – $75. Most adventures priced are per person, while others are per dog depending on the venue and type of adventure. You can also purchase an event punch card to receive Pop Up and Pack Adventures at a discount.
Currently, there are 3 ways to pay:
- Day of adventure – pay for your Pop Up or Pack Adventure using your punch card when you check in for the event. For these adventures, you need to RSVP per the instructions listed under each event.
- Preregister – you must register and pay in advance since tickets are limited. This can be done on the Adventures page. If you are a Member, your discounted rate will automatically show up in your cart when you are logged into the website.
- Community Adventures – there is no charge for these events. We encourage new dog lovers to join us and learn what we are about.
TYPES OF EVENTS WE HOST
Special/Holiday Events usually occur every month to celebrate a holiday or other occasion such as Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Pet Appreciation Week, Independence Day Mexican Independence Day, and more. Members receive $10 off the cost of these events and can purchase up to three additional tickets for family and friends.
In addition, these events are also included:
- Nature Walks – We host these walks in the spring and winter in partnership with Kelly Dwyer, naturalist and owner of Nature Education Opportunities. This includes our Winter Bird Walk, Snow Moon Owl Prowl, and more.
- Doggy Socials – We host Doggy Socials from April – October, twice a month at the Friendly Pets Dog Park in Lee, NH.
Official Adventures are hosted monthly by our expert partners who lead an organized program during the outing (i.e. hiking preparedness, loose leash recall, canine fitness, sensory exploration, and more). Members receive 25% off the cost of these events.
These adventures are part of a series of events that “pop up” on the calendar throughout the year. It gives members the opportunity to get out more and enjoy fresh air and friends. Members receive 25% off the cost of these events.
- Hikes & Hops – After a hike, we gather at a brewery to enjoy the local flavor.
- Wine & Wags – We enjoy a walk at or near a local vineyard with our dogs and then enjoy social time while tasting wine and other spirits.
- Mutts & Mead – After a hike or walk, we gather at a local medery to taste this unique concoction of a fermented beverage made of honey, water, and yeast.
- Picnics & Ice Cream Socials – Summertime is perfect for a hike, picnic, and ice cream social after. You will find these types of events on our calendar regularly from late spring to early fall.
- Swimming – We know the best swimming spots around and host fun socials for dogs and their people throughout the summer.
Pack Adventures take place on Thursdays from 3:00-5:00pm during the summer months and occasionally during the winter months depending on the weather. We plan to host Pack Adventures on different days and at different times in 2023 to offer more variety. Members receive 25% off the cost of these events.
Monthly, we host events just for members. This includes fun outings like our Thanksgiving Day What are You Thankful for Walk and our First Day Hike. The cost of these events are included with membership.
Pop Up Talks are monthly presentations from featured experts, our Partners, and national experts on a number of different topics important to pet parents. The cost of these events is included with membership.