POP UP TALK: Coping with Life and Loss When Our Pets Get Sick
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details after registering.
In this interactive webinar with Q&A, health coach Jennifer Allen Newton will share ways to help people maintain their own health and well-being while dealing with the emotional and physical challenges of caring for an animal that has become seriously ill, disabled or is losing function as they age. She’ll provide tools and techniques for stress management and resilience, and she’ll discuss ways to help us navigate through the loss of our beloved animal family members whose lives are inevitably far too short.
Jennifer’s work is informed by her experience as a board-certified health and wellness coach working with human caregivers as well as from her personal experience, having cared for dogs with illness and disability while also caring for her mother who had dementia.
What you’ll learn and experience in this session:
- Science-based information on how stress depletes our energy and impacts our health
- Tools and techniques that will help you better manage stress and build resilience
- Compassionate discussion of the grieving process – both as pets become ill and when they pass – in a society that often doesn’t give enough consideration to the impact of illness and loss of our animal family members
- Interactive, facilitated sharing, group discussion and Q&A
- N/C for members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $20/person per session for Non-Members
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details after registering.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording upon conclusion of the event.
ABOUT JENNIFER ALLEN NEWTON:
Jennifer is a National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC) and Certified HeartMath Practitioner. She received her Bachelor of Science in Communication from Northwestern University, did graduate work in adult learning and development, and studied health and wellness coaching at the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy (FMCA). For the past 30 years she has also worked with national and global companies as a communications strategist, writer and consultant focusing on health, technology and green/sustainable business.
Jennifer coaches individuals and groups via Zoom or telephone, and she leads online educational and group coaching sessions, with a particular focus on wellness and resilience for caregivers (be they caring for humans or pets).
She lives on a small farm in the Coast Range foothills outside of Portland, Oregon with her husband Jamie, a disabled rescue dog named Henry, five chickens, three Shetland sheep and a lot of wild deer wandering around eating all her prized perennials. In her spare time, she enjoys playing with the dog, gardening, hiking, writing, music, traveling, photography, cooking and tending their organic garden and orchard.
To learn more, visit reachwellness.org.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.