HIKES & HOPS: A Walk on the Newburyport Rail Trail and Tasting at the RiverWalk Brewing Company
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This walk is part of a series of walks that “pop up” on the calendar throughout the year. It gives members the opportunity to get out more and enjoy fresh air and friends.
Join us for a 3-4 mile walk along the Clipper City Rail Trail to the Harborwalk and Newburyport’s beautiful waterfront for this pop up walk. There is much to see and do on this walk, including:
- Learn about the history of trains in the area.
- Admire the unique sculptures that line the Rail Trail.
- Take a picture with your dog on a commemorative train.
- See the beautiful flowers and gardens that align the trail.
- See the historic waterfront, cute shops, and boats/yachts in the harbor.
After our walk, we will relax at the large outdoor, grassy area at RiverWalk Brewing Company for local craft brews and great food (the nachos are soooo good!).
In addition, participants will receive an entry towards our September giveaways (must sign in), which will be drawn on October 1st.
The Rail Trail and Harborwalk are both rated as Level 1, easy, wide and paved.
**We need to give the restaurant a count for our reservation so this event requires EVERYONE to pre-register. If you will be joining us, please register by September 16th.**
To cover insurance and planning time that goes into our events, we charge a fee.
- Members – N/C* (use coupon code found in Members-only Facebook group)
- Non-members – $7/person*
- *Cost of food/beverages not included
- Purchase a 10-walk punch card for $55 – starting 9/1/21 (good for Pack Adventures, Doggy Socials (w/o an expert) Official Club Walks, and Pop Up Walks)
RiverWalk Brewing Company, 40 Parker Street, Newburyport, MA. Look for our table at the entrance of the parking lot on the left hand side near the grassy area.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING AN EVENT:
Please review our Club Guidelines, sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms, and read our covid guidelines on our Events & Activities page.
If weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and announced in the Event section of the Facebook Group and on this Calendar page.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.