HOLIDAY EVENT: 2nd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Join us for the 2nd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt from 10:00am – 1:00pm at Little River Park in Lee, NH. This is a one-of-a-kind event for dogs and their people to engage in fun activities, including canine fitness, relaxing sensory activities, furry family photographs, and a nose work sniffari as dogs search the woods for eggs filled with delicious homemade biscuits provided by our Partner, Good Paws Bakery.
Some eggs also contain a treat plus a prize slip. Turn this in after the hunt to claim your winnings.
In addition, there will also be activities, Partner tables, prizes, and other events taking place.
All proceeds benefit our Charitable Partners Program, which this year benefits Mary’s Dogs. Children 13+ please.
To access FAQs about this event, click here>>
PURCHASE YOUR DOG A VID EXPERIENCE
Like last year, we are selling a your choice of a general admission ticket or a VID (very important dog) experience ticket. The general ticket gets you and your dog access to all the fun activities at this event.
The VID experience ticket also gets you into all the fun activities at this event, plus additional perks:
- A special Easter basket filled with treats and sensory toys for your dog
- First entry into the woods to find eggs before other participants
- 1 in 10 chance of winning our big raffle prize only for VID experience ticket holders
10:00 am: Check in at our registration table under the pavilion at Little River Park, 34 North River R., Lee, NH. Pick up your goody bag.
10:00 – 11:00 am: Pre-event activities take place
- Meet our Charitable Partner, Mary’s Dogs and learn all about the amazing work they do to rescue dogs from the south and find them loving homes in NH.
- Meet our canine fitness expert April from Canine Strong who will lead a fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt. Visit her booth to learn all about the benefits of canine fitness as well as their rehab services. Get a complimentary mini massage or cold laser therapy session for your dog.
- Visit Sandra of Sandra McCarthy Photography to get a complimentary picture taken with your best friend(s), and visit her booth to see her stunning photographs.
- Is your dog a bit over stimulated with the event? Visit with Monica from Barrington Barks & Behavior for a mini Sensory Explorers session to engage the senses, and facilitate relaxation.
- Visit with Dr. Lisa Boyer at our Ask the Veterinarian booth. For a small donation, you can ask the Dr. any canine related health question you would like.
- Meet Lauren, a Pet Death Doula, and make a spring flower paw print take home with your dog.
10:45 am: Participate in a 10-minute canine fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt with April from Canine Strong. This will take place behind the pavilion.
11:00 am: Line up for the start of the Easter egg hunt.
11:05 am: Participants who purchased the V.I.D. Experience enter the woods first. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs include a prize slip.
11:10 am – 12:00 pm: All other participants start entering the woods. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs include a prize slip.
12:00 pm: Return eggs to our blue bucket under the pavilion, claim prizes at check-in table. Visit vendor tables and get your picture taken if you were not able to before the egg hunt.
1:00 pm: Good bye to all our furfriends and thank you for your support. See you in 2023!
This Trail has a rating of 1, easy and mostly flat. Dogs and their people will follow a 1 mile loop trail to find colorful eggs hidden for humans to see and dogs to sniff a short distance off the walking trail.
COST: Tickets for this event are limited. Scroll down to purchase.
- Members: general ticket – $50/dog; VID ticket – $75/dog – Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- Non-Members: general ticket – $60/dog; VID ticket – $85/dog
- General Admission Ticket receives: egg hunt, fitness warm up, photo with furry and human family, sensory experience, spring flower paw print, visit with Partner tables, goody bag, and a chance to win prizes.
- VID Experience Ticket receives: everything listed under general admission as well as a special Easter basket filled with treats and sensory toys for your dog, first entry into the woods to find eggs before other participants, 1 in 10 chance of winning our big raffle prize.
The 2nd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt is rain or shine. Ticket purchase is NONREFUNDABLE. If weather makes it unsafe to hold the event, the reschedule date is Saturday, May 1st.
Little River Park, 34 North River Road, Lee, NH
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING THIS EVENT:
Please review our Club Guidelines, sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms, and read our covid guidelines on our Events & Activities page. To ensure the safety of all participants and the planet, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Bring an Easter basket or reusable bag for collecting eggs. Eggs can be returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
- The Easter eggs are made of plastic. Please watch your dog carefully. When their nose touches an egg that is when you should pick up and put in your basket/bag. Please do not let your dog put an egg in its mouth since it could break and your dog might ingest some plastic pieces.
- Dogs must be kept on leash while at Little River Park. No retractable leashes.
- All dogs must have their rabies vaccination.
- Attendees of this event agree to abide by the Golden Dog Adventure Co. Guidelines and rules of Little River Park (scroll past form) per the Town of Lee Selectboard.
- Please pick up any pet waste and dispose in trash receptacle provided at pavilion.
- No more than 2 dogs/person.
- All participants must complete and authorize the General Liability Waiver, Covid-19 Waiver of Liability, and Video/Photograph Release Form prior to attending the event. If you have already completed – thank you!
- Per the Town of Lee, participants must be 13+ years of age.
- Per the Town of Lee, dogs are not allowed on the soccer or baseball fields.
If weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and registered participants will receive a email cancellation notice. It will also be announced in the Event section of the Facebook Group and on this Calendar page.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.