POP UP ADVENTURE: Dog Dad’s Day in Newburyport, MA
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This walk is part of a series of walks that “pop up” on the calendar throughout the year. It gives members the opportunity to get out more and enjoy fresh air and friends.
Join us to celebrate our Dog Dads on their special day for a 3-4 mile hike along the Clipper City Rail Trail to the Harborwalk and Newburyport’s beautiful waterfront. There is much to see and do on this walk, including:
- Learn about the history of trains in the area.
- Admire the unique sculptures that line the Rail Trail.
- Take a picture with your dog on a commemorative train.
- See the beautiful flowers and gardens that align the trail.
- See the historic waterfront, cute shops, and boats/yachts in the harbor.
After our walk, we will relax at the large outdoor, grassy area at RiverWalk Brewing Company for local craft brews and great food (the nachos are soooo good!).
IS THIS EVENT GOOD FOR REACTIVE DOGS?
Flag Hill trails are usually not busy and they are wide with lots of space to spread out. Their patio seats 56 people so we are limiting to 25-30 people to allow plenty of room for dogs and their people. Please keep in mind that dogs will be nearer to each other in an enclosed patio space. If your dog would be uncomfortable in this environment, we recommend attending without your dog. If you have concerns or questions about if this event is right for your dog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The Rail Trail and Harborwalk are both rated as Level 1, Moderate. The trail is paved, mostly flat, and wide. See an explanation of our Trail Rating System.
COST: Tickets are limited to 25 people. Scroll down to purchase.
- Members – $15/person* Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- Non-members – $25/person*
- *Does not include food or drink.
- Purchase a 10-walk punch card and get this event at a discount (good for Pack Adventures, and Pop Up Adventures)
- If you are paying for this event with a punch card or free pass, email email@example.com with “RSVP Pop Up Adventure: Dog Dad’s Day in Newburyport, MA” in the subject line. Thank you!
- Are you a Corporate Partner employee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your special registration discount code.
Full refund issued if cancellation received 48 hours prior to event start time, otherwise no refund if canceled after.
RiverWalk Brewing Company, 40 Parker Street, Newburyport, MA. Look for our car at the entrance of the parking lot on the left hand side near the grassy area.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING AN EVENT:
Please review our Club Guidelines, sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms, and read our covid guidelines on our Events & Activities page.
If weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and announced in the Event section of the Facebook Group and on this Calendar page. If you are registered, you will also receive a cancellation announcement via email.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.