POP UP TALK: Chinese Dietary Therapy & Herbology for Dogs w/Dr. Madeline Yamate
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details 24 hours prior to the event.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a complete system of medicine developed in China. Its roots are in writings and practices which were developed over millennia. TCM uses acupuncture, herbs and other natural substances, acupressure, food therapy, meditation and exercise to maintain health and treat disease.
In this presentation, Dr, Madeline Yamate of the Center for Integrative Animal Medicine will briefly cover what Traditional Chinese Medicine is and how it differs from our standard medical construct. She will go over the basic principles of Chinese Dietary Therapy and how applying these concepts can help you to select or alter your dog’s diet. Finally, Dr. Yamate will discuss Chinese herbal medicine, addressing safety, herb-drug interaction and contraindications.
Participants will learn:
- Strategies to select a diet that is better tailored to your dog using Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Benefits and safety of Chinese herbal formulas as an adjunct or solo treatment for medical conditions or improved overall health
- Improved health and vitality can be achieved when utilizing integrative veterinary medicine
ABOUT MADELINE YAMATE, MBA, DVM, CVA, CVCH, CVFT, CVTP, CTCVMP, CVSMT:
Dr. Yamate is deeply committed to advancing integrative veterinary medicine. She has been an instructor of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine at the Chi University, served as the treasurer for the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association, and is continuing to serve as the treasurer for the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation, an organization that funds research in integrative holistic veterinary medicine. Dr. Yamate is also an international lecturer and published author in a textbook on Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine and multiple peer reviewed journals.
In 2012, Dr. Yamate founded the Center for Integrative Animal Medicine in Davis, CA where she practices integrative veterinary medicine. She is fueled by committed pet guardians who entrust her with caring for their most precious companions. She has a soft spot for grey muzzles and is intrigued by the challenge of treating cancer with holistic medicine as a solo treatment or in tandem with Western medicine.
- N/C for members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $15/person per session for Non-Members
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details 24 hours prior to the event.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording upon conclusion of the event.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.