POP UP TALK: Counterconditioning and Desensitization
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details after registering.
Tonight, Traci Bisson, owner and founder of Golden Dog Adventure Co., talks with Kara Dello Russo Brady of Canine Academy of Berwick, about the importance of counterconditioning and desensitization with reactive dogs.
Kara will take a “deep dive” into the real world desensitization of a trigger with a presentation, analogy, and animation of counterconditioning/desensitization, starring “big foot”.
Participants will learn:
- How to properly desensitize and countercondition to a trigger;
- A deep understanding of counterconditioning and desensitization;
- When to stop using treats, and pursue a cold trial.
- N/C for members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $20/person per session for Non-Members
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details after registering.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording upon conclusion of the event.
ABOUT KARA DELLO RUSSO BRADY:
Kara is an IAABC Certified Dog Training, as well as a Canine Behavior Consultant. She attended veterinary school at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and is a veterinary technician.
Kara lives in South Berwick, ME with her Norwegian Elkhound/Labrador mix, Macaroni, and her conformation-bred Labrador retriever, Telly. Her husband, Matt Brady, transitioned away from chemical engineering, and together they opened the Canine Academy of Berwick.
Kara started her first company, Kara’s Pet Care LLC in 2017. Personally, she is known for her dog training internship program, her Canine Meditation methodology, and reactive dog training. She coaches dog trainers to “move up through the ranks” in her company from dog walker to IAABC certified dog trainers.
For more information, visit Canine Academy of Berwick.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.