POP UP TALK: Euthanasia and Healing After Pet Loss
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Losing an animal is a painful experience, especially dealing with euthanasia. Join us for an in-depth discussion on this important topic with Tracie Barton-Barrett who is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, speaker, former Psychology teacher, and published author of two novels that celebrate the human-animal bond.
This presentation will help pet lovers navigate this difficult decision, including making a plan in preparation for the day. In addition, Anticipatory Grief, as well as the most commonly shared feelings of guilt and regret will be discussed. Resources for healing and support after the loss will also be provided.
Participants will learn:
- What is euthanasia, including behavioral euthanasia, and exploring ways to help inform your decision
- How to make a plan and discuss details about the day. (i.e. Cremate or bury? Who will be in the room? Go to the hospital or will the vet travel to your home?)
- What is Anticipatory Grief, as well as the feelings of guilt and regret
- Ways to help with the healing process and find ongoing support for processing the grief
Participants will also receive a PDF version of Tracie’s novel entitled Buried Deep in Our Hearts.
ABOUT TRACIE BARTON-BARRETT:
Tracie is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, speaker, former Psychology teacher, and published author of two novels that celebrate the human-animal bond: BURIED DEEP IN OUR HEARTS and FINDING HER SPIRIT. With her specialty in companion animal loss, Tracie developed and facilitated numerous companion animal loss support groups for animal shelters, veterinary hospital staff, and the public. As the recipient of The Excellence in Teaching Award from the National Society of Leadership & Success award, she continues to present and write on the subject hoping to normalize the grief around losing a beloved animal. Tracie, and her husband are owned by their sweet and vocal cat, Oliver Monkey who runs the household. They just pay the mortgage. To learn more, visit TracieBartonBarrett.com.
- N/C for Members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $15/person for Not-Yet Members
- Are you a Corporate Partner employee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your special registration discount code.
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link upon registering.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording within 24 hours of the event.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.