POP UP TALK: From the Dog’s Perspective
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Do you ever wonder why your dog behaves a certain way? Or why they choose a particular behavior in a given scenario?
During this Pop Up Talk, which takes place in our Zoom Room, Traci Bisson, owner and founder of Golden Dog Adventure Co., talks with Monica Allaire-McMahon, certified, professional dog trainer, and owner of Barrington Barks & Behavior. Monica will discuss the whys of your dog’s behavior from an ethological perspective and how you can reduce challenging behaviors and improve wellbeing using an Ethogram.
- Receive a copy of a blank Ethogram in advance to be filled out during and after the pop-up talk as an aid to reducing behavior struggles;
- Learn the definition of and importance of the Ethogram and the categories within it;
- Learn several action steps to take immediately to reduce stress and improve wellbeing.
After the presentation, join us for our Official Club Adventure: Sniff, Search, Share on Sunday, July 16th from 9:00 – 11:00am in Epping, NH.
ABOUT MONICA ALLAIRE-MCMAHON:
Monica Allaire-McMahon is the owner of Barrington Barks & Behavior LLC. She is committed to kind, ethical treatment of both humans and their dogs and focuses on supporting dog’s natural behavior within a framework of safety to improve wellbeing and foster deeper relationships.
Monica is certified through Karen Pryor Academy, graduating with distinction from their rigorous 6-month program. A 25-year history of fostering, running a state licensed quarantine and independent study led to her formal education. She was the second person worldwide to receive certification through the Dynamic Dog Practitioner Programme, focusing on the role pain plays in behavior, and served as a student mentor, providing support for enrolled students.
Monica is a proud Associate Member of the PDTE-Pet Dog Trainers of Europe founded by Turid Rugass. Her studies include aggression, fear, relationship, enrichment, natural dog behavior, exercise, anatomy, stress ethology, etc. and she is completing a 2 year course of study with Nordic Education Center for Dog Trainers.
She has spoken for the Virtual Dog Conference, Fling less February, and From the Hound Up Academy, UK based groups, and is a regular presenter for her local dog club in the US.
Monica offers private consultations, in person and online webinars, 1 to 1’s and hosts Sensory Explorers, a multi sensory environment, in several locations. Sensory Explorers is designed to aid dogs and their humans in slowing down from the frantic pace of our modern world, building confidence, supporting behavioral diversity, meeting sensory, mental, physical and other needs, and increasing agency.
Monica is a lifelong learner, with a fascination for unraveling the complex creatures that we share our lives with and supporting improved welfare for dogs and their families.
To learn more, visit BarringtonBarksandBehavior.com.
- N/C for Members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $15/person for Not-Yet Members
- Are you a Corporate Partner employee? Email email@example.com for your special registration discount code.
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link upon registering.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording within 24 hours of the event.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.