POP UP TALK: Happier Handling at Home
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link after registering for this event.
There is a lot of handling that we do to our dogs on a daily basis. While it’s important to take the time to proactively prepare our dogs for handling procedures and ask for their consent, sometimes life gets busy and we find ourselves stuck with wishing we had worked on safe handling strategies sooner.
Rather than just “getting it done”, there are positive strategies you can implement during physical handling to minimize stress. In addition, you can create simple, daily patterns that will allow your dog to feel like a more willing participant.
During this Pop Up Talk, we will be joined by Laura Gendron, certified professional dog trainer, behavior consultant, and owner of Miss Behavior, who will share handling hacks and habits to help your dog feel better about common procedures.
Participants will learn:
- How to get started in creating small regular habits and patterns in your day;
- How to pro-actively prepare your dog for future handling procedures;
- Quick handling hacks for regular tasks (i.e. nail trims, harness placement, muddy paw cleaning, and giving medications).
ABOUT LAURA GENDRON:
Laura, owner of Miss Behavior in Northwood, NH, founded her dog training business in 2008. She graduated from the University of NH with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and an Associate’s Degree in Animal Science with a concentration on Small Animal Care in 2007.
Laura is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Fear-Free Certified Trainer, and a Licensed Family Dog Mediator. She believes in positive, playful, and trust-based training and getting to know every dog-family team individually, often collaborating with a pet-care team. Having worked in a veterinary hospital for 10 years, Laura also has a strong passion for teaching pet parents and professionals how to use lower-stress techniques in handling and vet care.
As a mom of two children, one dog, and two birds, Laura feels strongly about helping dog parents learn how to raise their dogs much like mothering children, using play, good management, and predictable patterns.
Laura currently offers private virtual and in-home training and coaching, online courses, and a membership for dog parents working with their dogs at home.
To learn more, visit MissBehaviorTraining.com.
- N/C for members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $20/person for Non-Members
- Are you a Corporate Partner employee? Email email@example.com for your special registration discount code.
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link upon registering.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording within 24 hours of the event.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.