POP UP TALK: Kicking off the Month of Enrichment
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details 24 hours prior to the event.
This month’s Pop Up Talk kicks off a month of Enrichment for your dog.
Tonight, Traci Bisson, owner and founder of Golden Dog Adventure Co., talks with Monica Allaire-McMahon of Barrington Barks and Behavior who will delve into the definition, categories, benefits, and application of Enrichment planning with a focus on physical, sensory, mental, social, and calming needs.
- Learn how to assess whether an enrichment effect has occurred
- Learn the importance of proper equipment in enrichment planning
- Learn 1 or two actionable steps that can be implemented right away
ABOUT MONICA ALLAIRE-MCMAHON:
Monica, owner of Barrington Barks and Behavior LLC, is certified through Karen Pryor Academy, graduating with distinction from their rigorous 6-month program. A 25-year history of fostering, running a state licensed quarantine and living with dogs led to her more formal education.
Monica is a Dynamic Dog Practitioner, accredited through UK Rural Skills, focusing on the relationship between pain and behavior, utilizing detailed analysis of conformation, movement and posture, and preparation of veterinary reporting.
Her education includes study in areas of aggression, fear, ethology, cognition, emotion, and environmental enrichment, to list just a few.
Monica’s newest offering, Sensory Explorers, a form of enriched environment, is designed to aid dogs and their humans in slowing down from the frantic pace of the modern world, building confidence and learning about each other.
She is a lifelong learner, with a fascination for unraveling the complex creatures that we share our lives with and is committed to kind, ethical treatment of both humans and their dogs. Monica focuses on learning what the needs of the individual dog and their family are, addressing those needs and in turn improving the welfare of every one in the home.
Working both in person and online allows Monica to extend support to those located both in and out of NH, USA. For more information, visit barringtonbarksandbehavior.com.
- N/C for members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $15/person per session for Non-Members
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link and additional details 24 hours prior to the event.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording upon conclusion of the event.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.