POP UP TALK: Lifelong Wellness Through Fitness
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link after registering for this event.
According to the Global Wellness Institute, wellness is the active pursuit of activities, choices and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health. A commonly shared belief is that one can achieve wellness when there is balance among our physical, emotional, social, and spiritual dimensions.
During this Pop Up Talk, we will be joined by April Begosh, certified canine fitness trainer and co-owner of Canine Strong, who will discuss how practicing the five pillars of optimal canine health, you and your dog can achieve and maintain lifelong wellness together.
We will learn:
- How and when to introduce your puppy to canine fitness and the benefits they receive from it.
- How to keep fitness exciting and fun throughout your dog’s adult life and the ways in which it can be a preventative for injury and illness.
- How and when to transition your senior dog into a maintenance fitness plan.
- How fitness creates balance among the four dimensions of wellness.
ABOUT APRIL BEGOSH:
April is a lifelong pet owner whose furry family members have included dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, birds, turtles and even snakes.
April has been a licensed massage therapist since 1995. While she loves working with her human clients, she has always felt a draw towards and a connection with animals. In 2009, April decided to combine her passions and begin working with animals professionally. She opened her business, Healthy Pets NH with the aim of providing pet owners with training and education in emergency and wellness care for pets. Her goal was to help pet owners to create safer, healthier and happier lifestyles for their pets. She is certified through Pet Tech, which is the only international company that exists exclusively to provide training in CPR, First Aid, and care for pets to pet owners and pet professionals.
It was not long before April realized that her true passion was in the prevention and improvement of mobility issues experienced by animals. In 2016 April became a Fit Paws Master Trainer and earned her title as a Certified Canine Fitness Trainer. Since then she has been designing strength and conditioning programs to support dogs with mobility issues and physical challenges.
In 2021, April joined forces with Renee DeSimone, a Certified Canine Rehab Professional and opened Canine Strong, a rehab and wellness facility in Concord, NH.
For more information, visit CanineStrong.com.
- N/C for members Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $20/person for Non-Members
- Are you a Corporate Partner employee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your special registration discount code.
- This event will take place in our Zoom Room. You will receive the Zoom Room link upon registering.
- Can’t attend the live session? You will be emailed a link to the recording within 24 hours of the event.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.