PRIVATE EVENT: Take Your Dog to Work Day for Wellness Pet Company
**PLEASE NOTE: this is a private event only for employees of Wellness Pet Company in Tewksbury, MA.**
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Golden Dog Adventure Co., along with our partners Canine Strong, New England Life Casting, and Miss Behavior, will be providing fun games and activities for Wellness Pet Company employees at the Take Your Dog to Work Day event in Tewksbury, MA. We look forward to spending a fun day with the Wellness Pet Company team and their furry BFFs.
Following is all the information you need to enjoy a fun day jampacked with mental and physical enrichment for you and your dog. Review the agenda below and then scroll to the bottom reserve your tickets for the events that interest you. If you have questions, or need clarification about an activity or game, please email email@example.com.
AGENDA: Please only signup for one session with multiple activities offered to allow all employees a chance to participate (i.e. only 1 doggy game, fitness session, and egg hunt per person/dog team). Additional instructions will be emailed 24 hours prior to the event with all the details you need about the activities you have registered for.
Arts and Crafts with Lauren – At this booth, Lauren of New England Life Casting will offer three interactive and fun arts and crafts projects you and your dog can participate in together. Deadline to register for this activity is Thursday, June 16th so we have time to order all supplies. Signups are required.
- 2D Paw Castings – Dogs’ paws are pressed into non-toxic molding materials to capture their pawprint forever. Each dog will receive one casting of a paw. All supplies included. This activity will take place from 9:30 – 11:00am.
- Spring Flower Paw Art – Dogs and humans create spring flower artwork on canvas using dogs’ paw prints. Each dog will receive one take home flower painting. All supplies included. This activity will take place from 11:30am – 1:00pm.
- Peanut Butter Paintings – Dogs and humans create works of art on canvas inside a bag with paint, peanut butter on bag that dogs lick. Each dog will receive one take home painting. All supplies included. Does your dog have an allergy to peanut butter? We can use yogurt or baby food. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your special needs. This activity will take place from 1:30 – 3:00pm.
Canine Fitness with April – At this booth, April of Canine Strong will offer mini sessions for dogs, including massage and cold laser therapy. Her canine fitness equipment will also be available for participants to use. Guidance will be offered throughout the day on how to properly and safety use canine fitness equipment; questions answered. Stop by any time.
- Mini Fitness Sessions – 10-15 minute sessions will be offered throughout the day. These sessions will get dogs and their people up and moving and learning about proper warmup techniques for dogs to lessen injuries and ensure health and wellbeing. Participants will receive treats needed for activities and fitness cards outlining the 5 areas of optimal health. Signups required. Sessions will be held at 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm and 1:00pm
Doggy Games with Laura – Work as a team with your dog to learn about and complete different activities that test your dog’s ability to listen and respond to cues while having fun engaging in mental and physical games. Laura of Miss Behavior Training is a certified, professional dog trainer and will also be available at her booth throughout the day to answer questions.
- Red Light/Green Light – This game works on your dog’s leash walking skills and quick sit-stays. It is played much like the classic childhood game where Green light means forward leash walking and Red light means you need to encourage your dog into a sit stay within 3 seconds, or else you may be sent back to the starting line. One, 30-minute session, 16 dogs/session. Signups required.
- Musical Rings – This game works on engagement with your dog, keeping your dog’s attention, and quick thinking. It is like musical chairs except that instead of chairs, you are expected to put a foot in a ring and then get your dog to sit. There is no elimination in this game since the goal is to have fun and remain upbeat and positive for the dogs. One, 30-minute session, 16 dogs/session. Signups required.
- Spoon and Ball Relay Race – All players will be split into teams. This game works on leash walking skills and the ability to keep your dog’s engagement so the leash remains loose. You will be given a spoon and a ball and will need to weave through cones while holding the leash and spoon in the same hand. If your dog pulls on the leash, the ball is likely to fall and if that happens, you may have to go back to the start. The first team to get all the players through the course wins! One, 30-minute session, 16 dogs/session. Signups required.
Sensory Activities with Traci & Kelly – Stop by our booth and encourage your dog to relax from all the stimulation happening throughout the day. Traci & Kelly of Golden Dog Adventure Co. will have water sensory play, food games and puzzles, a kissing booth, and bubble play available for all dogs and their people. No signups needed.
- Nose Work Sniffari Egg Hunt – Dogs and their humans work together to locate colored eggs filled with treats that will be hidden throughout the field. Follow your dogs nose to the reward. This activity provides great mental stimulation for your pup. Three sessions, 16 dogs per session, 12 eggs/dog. Please bring a basket or bag to collect the eggs and treats in. Eggs to be recycled at the Golden Dog Adventure Co. booth. Signups required.
This event is for employees of Wellness Pet Company only. Please register for Arts & Crafts with Lauren by June 16th. All other events, please register within 24 hours of the event. Thank you!
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING AN EVENT:
Please review our Club Guidelines, sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms, and read our covid guidelines on our Events & Activities page.
If weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and announced on this Calendar page.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.