SPECIAL ADVENTURE: Retreat for Women and Their Dogs
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Join us for a truly unique experience for women and their faithful canine companions to reconnect with nature and each other in a beautiful rural setting in Strafford, NH.
At our 1st Annual Retreat for Women & Their Dogs, you will gain a greater sense of ease and learn relaxation and mindfulness techniques for you and your dog from leading experts.
The Retreat will be led by Lanta Totten, owner of Nourish BodyMindSoul, an all-inclusive Yoga & Movement studio that welcomes and celebrates each individual’s abilities and experiences. Lanta will guide women and their furry BFFs on a day-long journey filled with relaxing yoga, meditation, forest bathing, mindful walking, sensory enrichment, sharing, journaling, and so much more.
We will also be joined by Monica Allaire McMahon, professional dog trainer and owner of Barrington Barks & Behavior who will lead participants on a bonding experience down a BareFoot and BarePaw Sensory Path. Barefoot walking can help you feel more grounded, increase your sense of awareness of your body, reduce stress, and increase circulation. Different textures can have a massage like effect and being barefoot may help to reduce back pain as the feet move more as nature intended.
Jody Crotty Soul Level Animal Communicator® will also offer an animal communication session. She will share ways to connect intuitively with your dog as well as engage participants in a mental journaling exercise. Jody will also connect with a few participants during a sharing circle to offer mini-intuitive readings.
The rain date for this event is Sunday, October 1, 2023.
Agenda for the day:
- 9:00 – 10:00am – arrival, introductions, set the sacred container and introduce community care practices, light refreshments/coffee
- 10:00 – 12:00pm – 1 mile walk around property and forest bathing/receive from nature, breathe and be in nature, journaling.
- 12:00 – 1:00pm – delicious Bento Box lunch, which includes gluten free and vegetarian options, and morning takeaways
- 1:00 – 2:30pm – BareFoot and BarePaw Sensory Path with Monica Allaire-McMahon of Barrington Barks & Behavior in tandem with self-study/self-inquiry practice, journaling, share experiences, your relationship with your dog, gentle stretching/seated Yoga
- 2:30 – 3:00pm – sweets and treats for dogs and humans, connections
- 3:00 – 4:00pm – Animal Communication Session with Jody Crotty Soul Level Animal Communicator®
- 4:00pm – closing ceremony, share takeaways from the day
At this Retreat, you will benefit from…
- Quality bonding time spent with like-minded women
- Reconnecting with nature in grateful and appreciative ways
- A truly unique and rejuvenating experience with your dog
- Learning how your dogs may need more time to process the world around them than we previously thought
At this Retreat, your dog will benefit from…
- Spending quality bonding time with the person they love most in this world
- Relaxation and meditative techniques to help them sense your reduced stress
- Physical exercise on our 1 mile walk with a swim in the pond
- Positive mental enrichment through engaging activities and games
IS THIS EVENT GOOD FOR REACTIVE DOGS?
This is a small group setting but there will be times when we are nearer each other for social activities. Your dog should be comfortable being within a 10-12 foot radius of other dogs and be able to relax when you are relaxing. If you have concerns or questions about if this event is right for your dog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
COST: Tickets are limited to 12 person/dog teams. Limited to 1 dog/person for maximum happiness.
Early Bird Special – register by September 15th
- Members – $130 ($150 after 9/15) – Your special pricing will be reflected in your CART
- Not-Yet-Members – $145 ($165 after 9/15)
- Are you a Corporate Partner employee? Email email@example.com to receive your member discount code.
- Includes refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
Refund issued if canceled 2 weeks prior to the event. The rain date for this event is Sunday, October 1, 2023. If weather makes holding this retreat unsafe, the event will be canceled and your investment refunded.
ABOUT LANTA TOTTEN:
Lanta, owner of Nourish BodyMindSoul, has been teaching for over a decade and is passionate about teaching adults how to live the 8-fold path of yoga and step into their own authentic expression. Her down to earth style and sense of humor help students feel welcome as they explore the teachings of yoga through movement, breathwork and self-inquiry. Lanta is certified through Yoga Alliance as E-RYT500, YACEP and loves sharing Yoga! For more information, visit: Nourish.works.
ABOUT MONICA ALLAIRE-MCMAHON:
Monica is a certified, professional dog trainer and the owner of Barrington Barks & Behavior LLC. She is committed to kind, ethical treatment of both humans and their dogs and focuses on supporting dog’s natural behavior within a framework of safety to improve wellbeing and foster deeper relationships. She offers private consultations, in person and online webinars, 1 to 1’s and hosts Sensory Explorers, a multi sensory environment.. Sensory Explorers is designed to aid dogs and their humans in slowing down from the frantic pace of our modern world, building confidence, supporting behavioral diversity, meeting sensory, mental, physical and other needs, and increasing agency. To learn more, visit BarringtonBarksandBehavior.com.
ABOUT JODY CROTTY:
Jody is a Certified Soul Level Animal Communicator® and author of, Do You Talk with Animals. She’s an active collaborator and member with the Animal Communication Collective™, supporting animal welfare organizations by giving a voice to the animals through online fundraising events. Jody worked as a Pet Loss Professional at Pet Passages with Purdy Funeral Service. Her time was spent helping families with the grief and loss of their beloved pets, which allowed Jody to have a deeper connection with the animals. This fostered her understanding with pets and the messages they wanted to share. For more information, visit JodyCrotty.com.
The Retreat will take place in Strafford, NH. All the details will be emailed to participants 24 hours prior to the retreat.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING AN EVENT:
Please review our Club Guidelines, sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms, and read our covid guidelines on our Events & Activities page.
If weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and announced in the Event section of the Facebook Group and on this Calendar page. Participants will also be emailed a cancellation notification.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.