SPECIAL EVENT: Become a B.A.R.K. Ranger at Saint Gaudens II
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Join us for a fun event at the beautiful Saint-Gaudens National Historical Park in Cornish, NH to have your dog earn and be deputized as an official B.A.R.K. Ranger. We will complete specific tasks to help your dog earn this honor as well as learn the B.A.R.K. principles so you and your dog can have a safe and fun visit anytime you go to a national park.
This program is part of the Healthy People Healthy Parks Initiative. B.A.R.K. stands for:
- Bag your pet’s waste
- Always leash your pet
- Respect wildlife
- Know where you can go
Complete B.A.R.K. Ranger Tasks
- Hike the 2.4 mile Blow-Me-Down Trail to see the old mill, dam, and stone arch bridge.
- Hike the 1/2 mile Ravine Trail to swimming hole and have a picnic. Please bring a picnic blanket and lunch for yourself and your dog. No glass bottles.
- Visit the four outdoor monuments with your dog.
- Take a photo of your dog with the Standing Lincoln statue.
Ceremony with Park Ranger
- All dogs and their people to be recognized for their accomplishment in an “official” ceremony with the Park Ranger.
- Dogs receive their official B.A.R.K. Ranger dog tags.
- Join us after for a tasting at Harpoon Brewery at Artisan’s Park in Windsor, VT to celebrate a fun day. Harpoon Brewery is a 10 minute drive from Saint Gaudens.
The Ravine Trail and Blow-Me-Down Trail is rated Level 1.5-2. The trail is narrow in some places and has an elevation gain of 164 feet.
COST: Please preregister below for this event. Limited to 20 tickets.
- Members – $20/person* Your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- Non-members – $30/person*
- *NOTE: There is an additional charge of $10/person (ages 16 and older) to enter Saint Gaudens. If someone has a National Park Pass, they get in free. Passes can be found here Entrance Passes (U.S. National Park Service) or you can pay the $10 fee at the park.
Full refunds issued if cancellation received 72 hours prior to event start time, otherwise no refund if canceled after.
Saint-Gaudens National Historical Park is located at 139 Saint Gaudens Rd., Cornish, NH. Look for our table set up in the parking lot.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING AN EVENT:
Please review our Club Guidelines, sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms, and read our covid guidelines on our Events & Activities page.
If weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and announced in the Event section of the Facebook Group and on this Calendar page.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.