SPECIAL EVENT: Paws for Nutrition 101 Talk and Lab
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Do you want to learn how to create a nutritionally, homemade, BALANCED diet for your dog with confidence with Dr. Hannah Wells of the Veterinary Wellness Center? Join us for this 2-part special event which consists of a Nutrition 101 Talk (REPLAY) and follow up Nutrition 101 Lab in Exeter, NH.
Nutrition 101 Talk (REPLAY):
Our Nutrition 101 Talk (REPLAY) will teach you the basics needed to be successful with creating a balanced homemade diet for your dog. During this session, we will review the key ingredients to making a balanced homemade diet with confidence.
Participants will learn:
- What makes a diet “balanced”
- How to choose what is best for your dog’s diet
- How to create a balanced diet with confidence
- What to expect at the Nutrition Lab
Nutrition 101 Lab:
The Nutrition 101 Talk (REPLAY) will be followed by a hands on lab to help you create a meal of pawfection for your dog. A 90-minute Lab session is available on 6/14 @ 6:30pm. Participants who attend the Lab session, must have attended the online Talk (or listened to the replay) before participating. The Lab session is limited to 7 participants. PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be required to wear masks while indoors for the Lab portion.
- Join other members of our community, along with their dogs (optional), as you help each other create meals for your dog.
- Receive all ingredients needed, cooked and prepared, to assemble approximately 24 oz. of food.
- Review how to assess the body condition score of their dog.
- Learn how to calculate the required calories your dog needs.
- Leave with two recipes (chicken and beef) which includes a total of 2, 12oz. mason jars (1 for each recipe) full with a complete and balanced homemade diet for your dog, including mineral and vitamin supplements.
- Learn why and which mineral and vitamin supplements are essential.
ABOUT DR. HANNAH WELLS, DVM:
Dr. Hannah Wells is a small animal veterinarian with over 28 years of experience. Dr. Wells’ journey led her to Traditional Chinese medicine early in her career. She recently opened her Veterinary Wellness Center in Exeter, NH where her team focuses on an integrative medicine approach in a state of the art facility. Dr. Wells offers the highest quality medicine and surgery with a specialty in acupuncture, herbal and nutritional therapy. She is passionate about “wellness” for your pets and your relationship with your pets as she strives to support the wellness of veterinary professionals.
Dr. Wells feels lucky and grateful to do what she loves with incredible support from her family. She strives to practice what she preaches which means she tries to keep her balance and health by enjoying time with her husband, 5 children, and 4 dogs. She is grateful everyday that she has such an incredible family, staff, and clients who allow her to follow her passion everyday.
COST: Please register for this online event below and choose Nutrition 101 Talk ONLY or Nutrition 101 Talk & Lab.
- Nutrition 101 Talk ONLY (Replay)
- N/C for members – your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $15/person for nonmembers
- Nutrition 101 Talk (Replay) & Lab
- $35/person for members – your special pricing will be reflected in the CART.
- $60/person for nonmembers
The Nutrition 101 Talk takes place in our Zoom Room. The Zoom Room link will be sent 24 hours prior to the session. The Nutrition Labs will take place at The Veterinary Wellness Center located at 2 Continental Drive, Exeter, NH.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING AN EVENT:
Please review our Club Guidelines, sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms, and read our covid guidelines on our Events & Activities page.
If weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and announced in the Event section of the Facebook Group and on this Calendar page.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email email@example.com.