SPECIAL EVENT: 3rd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Join us for the 3rd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt at Little River Park in Lee, NH. This is a one-of-a-kind, limited ticket event for dogs and their people to engage in over 15+ fun physical and mental activities, including canine fitness, relaxing sensory activities, furry family photographs, arts and crafts, and a nose work sniffari as dogs search the woods for eggs filled with delicious treats supplied by our friends at Wellness Pet Company. Children 13+ please.
Proceeds benefit our Charitable Partners Program, which has raised over $21K for local pet charities since 2019.
PURCHASE A GENERAL ADMISSION EXPERIENCE TICKET (only 18 available):
Your general admission experience ticket gives you access to our exclusive event as well as…
- 15+ activities and experiences for your dog to engage in at our partner booths (see Agenda)
- Easter egg hunt to locate 24 eggs filled with treats (some may contain prize slips) on a 1-mile wooded trail
- Wag bag filled with goodies for your dog, including an Easter bandanna
PURCHASE A V.I.D. (very important dog) EXPERIENCE TICKET (only 18 available):
Your V.I.D. experience ticket (in addition to general admission access) provides additional perks and benefits such as…
- A special Easter basket filled with treats and sensory toys for your dog
- First entry into the woods to find eggs before other participants
- Six additional eggs for your V.I.D. to locate for a total of 30 treat-filled eggs (some may contain prize slips)
- 1 in 18 chance of winning our special V.I.D. raffle prize (value $100), donated by Stonewall Surveying
1:30pm: Check in at our registration table under the pavilion at Little River Park, 34 North River R., Lee, NH. Participate in raffles $3/ticket or 13 for $20. Cash only; must be present to win.
1:30 – 4:30pm: Activities and experiences take place at Partner and Sponsor booths throughout the day.
- Meet Mary’s Dogs Rescue & Adoption and learn all about the amazing work they do to rescue dogs from the south and find them loving homes in NH.
- Meet Brendan from the NH Coalition for the Support of Service Dogs and learn about the awareness they create and services they offer service dog owners.
- Meet our canine fitness expert April from Canine Strong who will lead a fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt. Visit their booth to learn all about the benefits of canine fitness as well as their rehab services. Get a complimentary mini massage or cold laser therapy session for your dog.
- Visit Sandra of Sandra McCarthy Photography to get a complimentary picture taken with your furry best friend(s), and visit her booth to see her stunning pet photographs.
- Is your dog a bit over stimulated with the event? Visit with Monica from Barrington Barks & Behavior for a mini Sensory Explorers session to engage the senses, and facilitate relaxation. Learn about her professional dog training services and sensory programs.
- Visit with Dr. Lisa Boyer of Animal Health Consultants at our Ask the Veterinarian booth. For a small donation, you can ask the Dr. any canine related health question you would like.
- Meet Melanie from Happiness 4 Dogs, LLC and learn about the health and wellness services they offer for canines. Experience a mini Reiki session and salt session.
- Stop by and say hello to Laura of Miss Behavior to learn about her professional in-person and online dog training services. Grab your dog a delicious Pup Cup and let them engage in sensory pools filled with smells and tactile experiences.
- Meet NOMV (Not One More Vet) and learn about the critical work they do to support veterinary professionals through outreach and education. Your dog will also enjoy bobbing for hotdogs at this booth.
- Check out our team at the Golden Dog Adventure Co. booth to learn about the fun and unique experiences we create year-round for dogs and their people. Participate in doggy arts and crafts and create a memento to take home.
- Visit with Red Pointy Dog Training, learn about the professional dog training services they offer. Your dog will also enjoy participating in a supervised, cardboard Easter Bunny destruction game to get to a yummy treat inside.
- Walk the two trails located at Little River Park with your dog for some additional exercise and mental stimulation.
- **Please do not let your dogs wander the soccer or baseball fields per the Town of Lee Selectboard**
1:45 pm: Participate in a 10-minute canine fitness warm up prior to the egg hunt with April from Canine Strong. This will take place behind the pavilion.
2:00 pm: Participants who purchased the V.I.D. Experience enter the woods. Only 30 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs may include a prize slip.
2:30pm – 3:30 pm: All other participants start entering the woods in 3 groups. Only 24 eggs/dog please. All eggs include a treat and some eggs may include a prize slip.
3:30 pm: Return eggs to our blue bucket under the pavilion, claim prizes at check-in table. Visit vendor tables and get your picture taken if you were not able to before the egg hunt.
4:00 pm: Raffle winners announced, including V.I.D. special raffle prize drawing
4:30 pm: Good bye to all our furfriends and thank you for your support. See you in 2024!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
To access FAQs about this event, click here>>
IS THIS EVENT GOOD FOR REACTIVE DOGS?
This event attracts 40-50 dogs and their people. There is lots going on and it can sometimes be overwhelming for dogs that need additional space or react negatively to dogs and people. There are areas to spread out on the trails and around the pavilion if your dog needs a break. In addition, our head trainer, Marie, will be available for assistance and questions. She will also be connecting with and reaching out to owners whose dogs exhibit uncomfortable body language to help everyone relax and deescalate a situation if needed. If you have concerns or questions about if this event is right for your dog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The Easter Egg Hunt Trail is rated Level 1, Stroll. Dogs and their people will follow a 1 mile, wooded, loop trail to find colorful eggs, hidden for humans to see and dogs to sniff, a short distance off the walking trail. See an explanation of our Trail Rating System.
COST: Tickets for this event are limited to 40 dogs. Members, your special rate will be reflected in your cart.
- V.I.D. Ticket (1 dog/2 humans): Members = $140; Non-Members = $155
- V.I.D. Ticket (1 dog/1 human): Members = $125; Non-Members = $140
- General Admission Ticket (1 dog/2 humans): Members = $85; Non-Members = $100
- General Admission Ticket (1 dog/1 human): Members = $70; Non-Members = $85
- Are you a Corporate Partner employee? Email email@example.com for your special registration discount code.
The 3rd Annual Doggy Easter Egg Hunt is rain or shine. Your ticket purchase is NONREFUNDABLE since this is a fundraising event. If extreme weather makes it unsafe to hold the event, the reschedule date is Sunday, April 23rd.
Little River Park, 34 North River Road, Lee, NH
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING THIS EVENT:
Please review our Community Guidelines, and sign our Liability Waivers & Release Forms prior to participating in this event. To ensure the safety of all participants and the planet, please also adhere to the following guidelines:
- Bring an Easter basket or reusable bag for collecting eggs. Eggs can be returned for recycling at the end of the event in the big blue buckets at the pavilion.
- The Easter eggs are made of plastic. Please watch your dog carefully. When their nose touches an egg that is when you should pick up and put in your basket/bag. Please do not let your dog put an egg in its mouth since it could break and your dog might ingest some plastic pieces.
- Dogs must be kept on a 6-8 ft. leash while at Little River Park. Absolutely NO retractable leashes.
- All dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination.
- Dogs must not be exhibiting signs of a respiratory virus such as coughing, sneezing, or runny nose/eyes.
- Attendees of this event agree to abide by the Golden Dog Adventure Co. Guidelines and rules of Little River Park (scroll past form) per the Town of Lee Selectboard.
- Please pick up any pet waste and dispose in trash receptacle provided at pavilion.
- No more than 2 dogs/person.
- All participants must complete and authorize the General Liability Waiver, Covid-19 Waiver of Liability, and Video/Photograph Release Form prior to attending the event. If you have already completed – thank you!
- There are activities at this event where dogs may be in close contact or sharing items in sensory exploration spaces. If you are worried about the canine respiratory illness, we recommend not attending or avoiding these activities.
- Per the Town of Lee Selectboard, participants must be 13+ years of age.
- Per the Town of Lee Selectboard, dogs are not allowed on the soccer or baseball fields.
If extreme weather or covid conditions make gathering and walking unsafe, the event will be cancelled and registered participants will receive a email cancellation notice. It will also be announced in the Event section of the Facebook Group and on this Calendar page.
If you have questions, text/call (603) 815-2453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.