Golden Paw Awards Gala
For the 1st Annual Golden Paw Awards Gala fundraiser, we will be rolling out the red carpet to honor the top 10 Mary’s Dogs adoptive families chosen during our voting period.
At this event, the family’s stories will be shared, dogs highlighted, and Mary’s Dogs honored for the amazing work they do.
Join us for a special evening experience like no other you have ever attended with dogs dressed in black tie attire, refreshments, and a beautiful setting within the Kimberly Sarah Photography Dog Art Gallery in downtown Portsmouth, NH.
Due to the intimate setting for this event, well socialized and relaxed dogs will be allowed to join the festivities.
All proceeds from this event will be donated to Mary’s Dogs Rescue & Adoption in Northwood, NH, our 2022 Charitable Partner.
Nomination Rules & Regulations
- An adoptive family is defined as a person or person’s, at least 18 years of age, who has officially adopted a dog from Mary’s Dogs. If the adopter is under the age of 18, a parent/legal guardian of minor will be required to sign a parental permission form.
- Adoptive families must have adopted from Mary’s Dogs within the past 10 years.
- Adoptive families must reside within New Hampshire, Maine, or Massachusetts.
- Adopted dog must still be living and in good health.
- Nominator must be 18 years of age or older.
- One dog and one adoptive family can be nominated at a time. To nominate a different dog with the same or a different family, please submit a 2nd nomination.
- Adoptive families may also nominate themselves.
- Nominations will be accepted starting 12:01am on Monday, August 1st until 11:59pm on Monday, August 15th.
- All nominations received by the deadline, will be uploaded to a judging site for review and voting. Photos will be solicited from Mary’s Dogs or the nominated family if not supplied by the nominator.
- Nominated families will be notified on or around Tuesday, August 16th.
- The public will have from 12:01am on Saturday, August 20th until 11:59am on Saturday, September 3rd to vote for their favorite adoptive family stories.
- The top 10 adoptive families whose stories receive the most votes as determined by the voting public will be honored at the Golden Paw Awards Gala on Friday, September 9th from 7:00 – 8:30pm at Kimberly Sarah Photography in Portsmouth, NH.
Nominate a Mary's Dogs Family
The 1st Annual Golden Paw Awards was created to recognize and honor the amazing dogs and their adoptive families who rescue from Mary’s Dogs Rescue & Adoption in Northwood, NH.
In addition, a Gala will be held September 9th from 7:00 – 8:30pm at Kimberly Sarah Photography in Portsmouth, NH where 10 adoptive families will experience the red carpet treatment. One family will receive the Golden Paw Award and their furry family member named Dog of the Year for 2022/2023.
Please nominate a Mary’s Dogs adoptive family who you feel deserves this honor and should be recognized.
Your nomination must include the following:
- Picture of family and dog (if available)
- Story about why this family deserves recognition
- First and last name of adoptive family, email address, and phone number
- Your information as the Nominator in case we have follow up questions